Last Modified: June 8, 2022
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- What Information Do We Collect and For What Purpose?
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising
- Control Over Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
Personal Information: When we use the term “personal information,” we mean any information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, as an individual person.
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We collect and use personal information you provide in the following ways:
- Registration and Service Use. If you register for an account with our Service, we may collect your name, account credentials, contact information, and billing information, including email and commercial address, username, password and payment card information. We may also collect this information if you submit information through our Sites, sign up for our mailing list or otherwise communicate with us. Once you create an account, you may also be able to create a profile that other users can see. Your profile may include information such as your username, profile photo, job title and other work-related information and content, your approximate location, links to your profiles on various social networks, and other preferences and information. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant Service and information, communicate with you regarding your account and your use of our Service, and for customer support purposes. Please note that we may work with third party payment processors for the collection and use of a payment card information and do not receive such data directly.
- Messages and User Content. You may upload or transmit data, or information through your communications with us, your communications with other users, or your use of our Service (collectively, “User Content”). User Content and any information contained in the User Content, including personal information you may have included, is stored and collected as part of our Service. We use the User Content to operate, improve, personalize, and optimize our Service, and to manage and deliver advertising.
- Inquiries. If you communicate with us through any form, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Marketing Communications. If you register for our newsletters or updates, we will communicate with you by email. To unsubscribe from promotional messages, please follow the instructions within our messages and review the “Control Over Your Information” section below. B. Information We Collect Automatically through Use of our Service
We use various technologies to automatically collect certain personal information about the device or browser you use to navigate our Service, including:
- Web Logs. Our web servers keep log files that record data every time a device accesses those servers. As such, when you access those servers, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, device and connection information, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, and standard web log information.
- Location Information. We may collect general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise geolocation with your permission when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
- Cookies and Pixel Tags. We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID (that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account), and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access our Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, and other actions you take on our Service. Most internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your internet browser, or access http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of our Service.
- Mobile Device Identifiers. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), or Google AdID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data (with your permission), including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. C. Information From Third Party Sources
We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine this information with other information we have.
- Single Sign-On. We may use single sign-on (“SSO”) to allow a user to authenticate their account using one set of login information, including through Google. We will have access to certain information from those third parties in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by those third parties, which may include, for example, your name, username, email address, language preference, and profile picture. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our Service. We may also send you service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, customer support, changes, or updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices).
- Information We Receive from Third-Party Sites You Connect to Our Service. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, when you interact with us through a social media site or third-party service, such as when you like, follow, or share Subset content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other sites, we may receive information from the social network, including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive from these third-party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Service.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Set up your account and deliver our Service to you;
Send you transactional information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, product and services information, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and information about your transaction with us;
Communicate with you such as to respond to your comments and questions, provide customer service or feedback, or respond to employment opportunities for which you’ve applied, or for any other purposes in connection with our Service;
Provide you with news about products and services offered by us;
Operate, maintain, test, enhance, update, monitor, diagnose, fix and improve our Service;
Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our data system services, and to meet governmental and institutional policy obligations.
Enforce and carry out contracts and agreements with our customers;
Investigate and resolve disputes and security issues and to enforce our ;
Comply with legal obligations; and
For any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
Service Providers. We may share personal information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing information technology support, providing tax and accounting services, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
Payment Processors. You provide your information directly to our payment processors through our Service. The processors are lawfully permitted to process your information for their own business purposes and legal requirements;
Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information with other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
Regulatory or Legal Requirements, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose personal information to third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Subset, our visitors, or others. We may also disclose personal information to governmental regulatory authorities as required by law, including for tax or accounting purposes, in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations.
Consent. We may disclose personal information with any other entity disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
We may also share information with others in de-identified, aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
- THIRD-PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your online browsing history and your interests. We permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about your use of our Service over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other websites, apps, or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an e-mail address or user ID) or hashed data with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”)’s online resources, at http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and you can opt out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by turning off “personalized ads” (iOS) or selecting “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt out of some – but not all – interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Please note that some advertising opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers, or delete the opt-out cookies, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser, log in to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed e-mail address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to our Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have an account for our Service, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information), as well as what information is visible to others, through the account setting page or a similar option provided on our Service. If you have any questions about modifying or updating any information in your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Control Your Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of our Service, technical and security notices).
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Subset does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
- LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Service may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.
- HOW TO CONTACT US